Preparing office staffs to prevent fire in commercial buildings has become very important. If your staffs are well trained in preventing fire hazards and protecting other members and valuable things in office, you can avoid being a victim of some tragic incidents. If hazards that encourage fire to be increased are prevented wisely, nothing in your office would be damaged and no one will be hurt.
Fire safety surveys are of great importance when it comes to train your staffs for fire prevention. There are many ways you can make your people aware of the causes and flammable liquids that encourage fire, and make them reduce the possibilities of a fire break out in your office building. You can simply distribute safety pamphlets or offer a basic training course for every staff. Make sure you hire trained electrical contractors for any such sessions. These professionals can help you and your staffs to get a fair idea about fire prevention.
Fire preventing tips:
- Besides training your staffs for preventing fire hazards, you can employ a safety officer and an Armadale electrician who will help in executing the whole plan for preventing fire and protecting staffs.
- Breaking out of fire also depends on the structure of your office building. So, you need to understand the structure and the hazards. For example if you store all the flammable liquids, such as tons of papers, rubber, clothes, etc, in a particular place near the smoking area or electric room, the fire will be increased even more.
- Always make sure that all electronic devices are working well, and replace them immediately when they are out of order. Also, call a fire inspector to keep an eye on hazardous equipment.
- Install fire alarm or smoke detectors in your office building. If fire breaks out in the building, the alarm will confirm it and you and your staffs will be ready to take actions accordingly.
- You can also take the help of automatic sprinkler system. If there is fire in your building, this will sprinkle water all over the area.
- Make sure that the fire extinguishing equipment, smoke detectors and sprinklers are up to date and work perfectly. You should also repair or change them at least once a year.
- Lastly, if situation goes out of control, call fire services for help. One second of delay can cost you bad and burn everything in your building. So, ensure that you have an emergency evacuation plan.